Just 50 days after the famous McDonald video with Chancellor Karl Nehammer was distributed, the next violent attack against the ÖVP occurred. So far it is known that a secret recording of a conversation in a group of friends has led to the conviction of two people: Christian Pilnacek, former section head of the Ministry of Justice, who took his life on October 20, and the President of the National Council and former Interior Minister Wolfgang Sobotka (OVP).
As eXXpress found out, this secretly recorded conversation is about the search of the house by the Economic and Corruption Public Prosecutor’s Office (WKStA) in ÖVP. The most famous raids – as was the case by eXXpress – were at the party headquarters and chancellery on Lichtenfelsgasse in October 2021; It was about breach of trust and bribery or suspicion of bribery.
“Following the false allegations already made against Sebastian Kurz, Josef Pröll, Gernot Blumel, Hartwig Loger and Bernhard Bonelli and others, all of which have now been found to be unfounded, further allegations are now being made about the events in some cases The date is five years ago. Deputy General Secretary Gaby Schwarz said at the time, “This is always with the same goal and system: to cause massive damage to the People’s Party.”
At that time, Christian Pilnecek had already been suspended from duty for four months. “So this conversation should be about a WKStA case before these spectacular operations of the public prosecutor,” says an ÖVP insider.
Now, two years later, people are not shying away from using private conversations with someone who is already dead, as a means of political damage: According to preliminary information, the President of the National Council was There is a possible suspicion based on the secret audio recording that an attempt could have been made to interfere with Section Chief Pilnacek. Sobotka reportedly criticized the fact that the ÖVP were not specifically warned about the impending house search.
Soon here on Express.at