The investigators’ findings are shocking. Police said the fire broke out due to a malfunction in the battery of an electric car and the gas released from the battery caused the explosion. All other causes that were originally considered possible were ruled out by the criminal police. The explosion has caused a lot of damage in the residential area. Several nearby garages were destroyed and residential buildings were damaged.
Investigators can also rule out that the gas bottles kept in the garage were the cause of the damage. The amount of material damage is estimated at 100,000 euros. But it is difficult to imagine what would have happened if children or other people were present in the garage at the time of the explosion.