This tragic accident took place in the Brazilian city of Campina Grande. Heavily pregnant Jennifer Caroline, 17, took a bath to ease the discomforts of her pregnancy. She made this fatal mistake when she got out of the shower to charge her cell phone. The young woman used an extension cord that had broken in several places and had been patched several times. When the plug got wet, a short circuit occurred – and the pregnant woman received a severe electric shock.
The 17-year-old boy’s boyfriend told police he heard an “unusual loud noise” followed by screams. He immediately ran to the bathroom, where he found his girlfriend lying motionless on the floor. The young man dialed 911 and tried his best to help his girlfriend, but got electrocuted himself. By the time paramedics arrived, it was too late: both the pregnant woman and her child were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.