Only 38 percent of adults in the United States said they were “extremely proud” of their country in a poll conducted by the Gallup Institute. Combined with the 27 percent who are “very proud,” overall two-thirds (65 percent) are still proud of their nation. Another 22 percent say they are “moderately proud,” while 9 percent are “just a little” and 4 percent are “not at all” proud.
This is the lowest value since the Gallup Institute began surveys in 2001. According to the analysts, the abortion debate and the recent attacks on American schools could have caused many Americans to lose pride in their nation have lost.
The extreme national pride of the Republican electorate has reached its lowest point for the time being at 58 percent. However, the Democrats seem to be particularly unhappy with their country: Only 26 percent are extremely proud of America.
Most recently, pride among Democrats rose to 31 percent at the start of Joe Biden’s presidency in 2021, but has since fallen significantly.