The height of perversion, noted entrepreneur Markel in his current comment, is to sell people the consequences of the homemade and self-inflicted economic and social catastrophe as a fight for freedom. Deeply immoral people have taken over the political, economic and social leadership of society. Markel states that things cannot go on like this.
Courtesy of Gerald Markel
(emphasis and subtitles by editors)
The moral compass is perverted
Attention, trigger warning: Now comes a term from the past. A boomer lesson, as they call it in the generation that can blindly control a car/plane/spaceship with a gamepad, but has no idea how the thing they’re piloting in the thick of battle actually works.
The term means “moral compass” and simply describes what works and what doesn’t. What a human should and shouldn’t do, regardless of whether the action is permitted by law or not. For many centuries people have risked their lives – and often lost them – to put this moral compass into words and make it the foundation of all human beings. In genius works like that Magna Chartathe american constitution or that international human rights convention humanity has managed to agree on a compass that should determine ALL of our lives.
SHOULD – that is the cue of my indictment today, because we should all realize that (to my great horror and disgust) this moral compass is being perverted into a farce. He is being perverted by a new class of people who carry morality like a shield before them and yet act deeply immoral.
He is perverted by an almost closed group of mainstream media and politicianswho have given the moral compass an ideological framework that declares one side valid morality by definition and slanders the other side as immoral without scrutiny. It’s perverted – yes, the word fits best, it is perverse, what is presented today as morality or morally imperative will and is actually lived in the class of better people.
Examples from the recent past:
- It is perverse when Austria stipulates the protection of children and young people as a state goal in its constitution and then in the Covid hysteria the longest and toughest measures were imposed on children in particular.
- It is perverse when in every celebratory speech the protection of the weakest, the youngest and the oldest is applauded and then the gossips agree to measures through which the most inhumane constraints are imposed on precisely this group of the weakest.
- It is perverse when the declared goal in a crisis is to prevent selection in hospitals, known as triage, at all costs, the Measures to allegedly achieve this but in the children’s hospitals about Trigger triage for months.
- It is perverse when unlimited freedom is demanded and created for the smallest social fringe groups and their personal convictions about sexuality or gender definitions and on the other hand a whole third of the population is excluded from social life willbecause she does not want to agree to the dictate of an intervention in physical integrity.
- It is perverse, the legitimate demand for protection and freedom of one side (innocent Ukrainian civilians) with racism against the other side (innocent Russian civilians) enforce to want.
- It is perverse to rightly celebrate art and culture as bringing people together and bringing peace and then to exclude and ban culture, artists and sportsmen of a certain country.
- It is perverse to try to impose an attitude and condemnation of great power politics on the entire world when you have SELF a dozen times in the recent past exactly the same brutal great power politics prevailed all over the world.
When will the majority put an end to this hustle and bustle?
And it is the pinnacle of perversion the people of the western world sell the consequences of the homemade and self-inflicted economic and social catastrophe as a struggle for freedom to want.
Our society has lost the moral compass. Our society allows that deeply immoral people the political, economic and social leadership have taken over. And our society allows public opinion to be dominated by a class of Pharisees and hypocrites who can no longer distinguish morality from self-righteousness.
I know from life experience and personal encounters that the overwhelming majority of my fellow human beings live and act deeply morally. And I can understand it less and less every day why this overwhelming majority does not decide the immoral activities at the top to put an end to and publicly put the hypocrites in our place in their place.
It can not go on like this.
Our world has lost the moral compass.