A previously unknown user has fake accounts in the city’s application portal with a number of e-mail addresses Linz created and abused. Among other things, Mayor Klaus Luger (SPÖ) and the Ministry of the Interior received a response email with insults from the portal, as reported by several media.
The stranger had created the wrong profiles on the application portal, which is operated by a third party, on Christmas Eve from 10 p.m. until shortly after midnight. The magistrate said the crime was discovered on Saturday morning. They reacted immediately and experts from the information and communication technology (ICT) department worked with the third party to secure everything. “The applications are now being checked manually. There was no data in jeopardy, ”it said.
“Since we advertised eight posts that are supposed to control the compulsory vaccination from February, we have received massive threats online,” Luger is quoted in the Kronenzeitung. 25 to 30 angry emails to different places in the Linz Magistrate has been collected so far. “We suspect a connection between the hacking attack and the countless hate emails. It is definitely a sign of radicalization and criminalization of the hard core of the corona deniers, ”Luger said. He announced a complaint against unknown persons. (APA / red)