Since the National Council meeting was broadcast on ORF III, a short excerpt has been making the rounds on a massive scale. Apparently, Ms. Eva-Maria Himmelbauer (ÖVP) manipulated her vaccination certificate in front of the camera in the front row of parliamentarians. We called the ÖVP club and heard an adventurous story of a flu vaccination “two doors down” and a forgotten vaccination certificate. It is exciting that AstraZeneca is already producing flu vaccinations – or we were told a fairy tale.
An assistant Member of the National Council, Eva-Maria Himmelbauer, is said to be pregnant. Therefore (?) She would have been vaccinated against flu in parliament (“two doors down”). But she forgot her vaccination certificate. She then added this. So much for the story that an elderly lady, employee of the ÖVP parliamentary club, told us, who unfortunately did not introduce herself by name. It would be an OTS press release on the issue in progress. This is now also available:
As usual, if the ÖVP is caught doing something, they flee to the front. Himmelbauer goes on the offensive and headlines their press release with: “Himmelbauer: Please get vaccinated!”. We can only defeat the pandemic with a high Covid vaccination rate, according to the MP, who is expecting her second child and who received an additional flu vaccination today, “because the flu vaccination is also an important preventive measure for me”.
She explains the process that she had pasted on her vaccination certificate as follows: “Of course, the doctor responsible entered this vaccination in the electronic vaccination card. In addition, because I didn’t have my yellow vaccination certificate with me, she gave me the empty vaccine container with the batch number to stick on, which I then did. “
In our editorial team, we have massive doubts about the veracity of these two stories:
- Why did Ms. Himmelbauer first put an AstraZeneca package insert into her vaccination certificate (it is not possible to see whether this was also taken from an “overpack” in which it is normally located?
- Why does it appear that Ms. Himmelbauer would tear open the package with the ampoule? She needs a lot of strength to do this, at one point it makes a small jolt.
- Why does it appear that there is a filled ampoule in the packaging?
- Why should a doctor give her all of the packaging, including the ampoule, if the sticker alone would be enough, if it was only about sticking it in the vaccination certificate?
- Why does it not bother anyone that Ms. Himmelbauer, who is trained as a computer scientist, carries out an activity that is reserved for qualified medical staff (entries in vaccination records)?
- If Ms. Himmelbauer had forgotten her ID, why does she have it with her “two doors further”?
Tampering with a vaccination record may constitute a Forgery of documents according to § 223 StGB it would also be possible that fraudulent intent could be prepared – that is, the attempt to gain achievements while deceiving others. The presumption of innocence applies to the aforementioned and we do not want to accuse her of forgery or fraudulent activity, that is a matter for the judiciary. From legal circles it has already been announced that a complaint will be filed in order to have the process examined under the rule of law. Draw your own conclusions.
You can find the original video in full resolution here (during the speech by Ms. Elisabeth Scheucher-Pichler from minute 3:45) https://tvthek.orf.at/profile/Nationalrat/13886251/Nationalratssitzung/14113377:
Pictures: ORF, used as picture quotation due to the urgency and public interest of the reporting.